paint protection plan
With the different options available in automobile paint protection, it may be difficult in India to determine which type of protection is best for your car. You may be considering paint protection film or a Solitaire ceramic coatings. Both have their advantages or disadvantages. Perhaps the best way to decide is to carefully compare the two and think about your typical driving conditions and the potential damage that you want to prevent. As you’ll see, you may even want to combine the two for additional protection.
Here we are going to put some light over the comparison between Paint Protection Film vs. Ceramic Coatings.
Paint protection film (PPF) is a clear film that was originally developed to protect military vehicles.
Eventually, the high-end performance car industry began using PPF and now it’s used in the consumer market to protect cars from rock chips, scratches, and contaminants. The self-healing properties of some PPF products make them an attractive option since some scratches will dissipate over time or with heat.
Solitaire ceramic coating
Solitaire ceramic coatings are the next step in the evolution of paint protection. They bond to the surface of the paint, creating a permanent layer of protection. Solitaire ceramic coatings offer substantially more scratch resistance, chemical resistance, UV protection and heat tolerance than wax or polymer sealants. Environmental damage and scratches are unable to penetrate the coating, leaving the paint in pristine condition.
To help you understand the differences between PPF and ceramic coatings, we’ve listed their pros and cons below.
Paint Protection Film (PPF)
- Better resistance to rock chip damage.
- Some have limited self-healing properties (since it is essentially TPU ((thermoplastic polyurethane)), or similar film).
- Prevents most scratches from reaching the paint.
- Slightly minimizes shine.
- Is not very hydrophobic, so little water beading and sheeting.
- Can discolor over time and turn a yellowish hue.
- Major damage cannot be repaired so the film would need to be removed and replaced.
- Will need to be replaced eventually.
- Can damage paint underneath if removed
- Difficult to install properly.
- More expensive than ceramic coatings.
Solitaire Ceramic Coatings (9H premium coating)
- 9H hardness, so better resistance to minor scratches.
- Greatly enhanced chemical resistance (professional coatings).
- Super hydrophobic, excellent water beading/sheeting.
- Easier cleaning.
- Increased shine/luster.
- Greater repairability
- Permanent, no need to remove and reinstall (pro coatings only).
- Will not stop rock chips.
- Can look bad if installed improperly.
- Expensive, though less expensive than PPF.
If you are interested in any type of car paint protection coating or 9H coating
please give us a call on 9716412345 or drop your number in the chat box below